Not in a good place and waiting... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not in a good place and waiting...

Options
hyancinth
hyancinth Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Hello, Ive been struggling for some time now. I was already a bit on the edge of it but at the beginning of the year with the announcement of yet more time, more isolation, more threats (lockdown) my heart sank and it tipped me over. 
how I feel now are tiredness, withdrawing from others, feeling inadequate (to say least) anger and paranoid. I have, in May, reached out to GP surgery and instead of an appointment/ phonecall from her I had to submit an econsult, wait a few days for a call, then another week for another call (dont know why couldnt do that at same time) with a person I have never seen or heard of, that was then submitted to an external counselling company (what?!) and...Im still waiting 7 weeks later. All I want is a person to get me on track, talk to me. Im lost. Its a miracle Im still eating or doing anything. I can barely stand to leave the house most of the time. I dot want to go to my volunteering/work experience. I dont want to talk to people. I feel useless and stupid. I just wanted to speak out. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hyancinth, just wanted you to know someone has read your post and cares. I hope you can see someone asap.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @hyacinth - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm sorry to read about what you've experienced when needing help; it really shouldn't take that long. You might find some info that Scope has put together useful: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread/p1
    I think you'll find that a lot of people have felt like yourself due to the pandemic, so you're neither useless nor alone as there's usually someone here to chat to. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @hyancinth

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to ear of how you feel at the minute, you appear to be really struggling. This is a very supportive and welcoming community so I hope you find it to be a positive outlet, you've done very well in speaking about what must be a hard subject to talk about.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk with further information, please do give it a read and get back to us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • hyancinth
    hyancinth Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for replies. I have enduring depression, been back and forward through the system when it hits hard, rest of the time half cope. Its been pretty bad the last 3/4 years but since jan this year, very bad. 
    I wondered if others found the situation had worsened or brought on an episode. 
    And why is the help so hard to get hold of now? were told to help ourselves but when I try Im left dangling. Its like having a chronic physical condition that a person struggles with normally but also flares up and need ongoing treatment and suppprt with. I think Ive put it well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.