Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Assessment

Options
pinball
pinball Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi new here.
Been on pip for 3years.  I was sent a letter in March to fill in to see if any of my circumstances had changed. I filled in and sent back one week later my circumstances had changed but not for the better ie more Back pain still on medication for my depression & anxiety & Autism. Still under psychiatrist.
I then received a letter for telephone assessment which I did with the help of my partner about 12 days ago. Now I was due my 4 weekly payment 23/08 But no payment has gone in and checked again today still no payment. So my question is does that mean they are not giving me anymore Pip or could mean it's going up? I get daily living enhanced even thou my circumstances are a bit more problematic than last time? Also i have received no letter to say they are being stopped and can not get through on the phone to them. Has anybody had this happen 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi,

We can only guess why you didn't receive your payment yesterday but the decision could have been made and you may not have been awarded anything this time. This would mean that your payments have now stopped. I'm assuming that the award you had didn't end recently?

I would advise you to ring them  first thing tomorrow morning as soon as they open as this is usually the best time to ring them but it can often take anything up to 1 hour for them to answer. If you've been refused then you should receive the decision letter soon. You can request the Mandatory Reconsideration first and then Tribunal if the MR fails.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pinball
    Options
    Hi my award ended in march 21 but was asked to fill in form in March and send back which I did within 1 week. I never heard anything back till beginning of August asking me to contact them for telephone assessment. Which was done about 10 days ago. And my usual payment was due on Monday 23/08 Which I have not received. I find it strange that I would have been awarded nothing especially when I told them about my medication & still under psychiatrist. Plus my back pain also got gradually worse with some days worse than others 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Sorry but i don't understand. If your award ended in March then why were you expecting a payment yesterday? The reason why you didn't receive payment yesterday was because there's no award in place. Once a decision's been made on your claim, if it's successful then you'll receive the money owed, followed by payments every 4 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pinball
    Options
    No it ended in March 21 but because of covid they sent me a form at beginning of March to fill in to extend it till telephone assessment could be done as they where struggling to catch up with back log. Hope this makes sense lol
  • poppy123456
    Options
     Sorry but what you're saying doesn't make sense. May i ask what date you received your last PIP payment?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Some people had their awards automatically extended due to Covid, they weren't sent forms to extend the award until the assessment. If your award ended in March then there was no award in place to receive any payments.
  • pinball
    Options
    Yes all my payments have been every 4 weeks the last one was 26/07/21  and before that it was 28/06/21 so my next payment was due 23/08/21 so my award was extended in March by me filling in the form they sent out. They said I would still be paid every 4 weeks until they could get round to doing telephone assessment due to the back log with covid. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks for that. It means that DWP automatically extended your award due to Covid. The form you filled in was a review form.

Then my advice remains the same. Although we can only guess but it does sound like a decision's been made on your recent assessment and your award may have stopped because of a refusal, so no payment was made.

You should either wait for the decision letter or try ringing as soon as they open tomorrow because that's the best time to ring, although it can sometimes take as long as 1 hour for them to answer the phone.
  • pinball
    Options
    Will do Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the decision has been made and you're unhappy then post back here and someone will advise you on what you should do next.
  • pinball
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.