Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Will there ever be safe housing for people with disabilities?
HOUSING FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
At the moment, there is no social housing, no council housing, and no supported accommodation in the South and South East for people with disabilities.
This includes East Sussex, West Sussex, and Brighton and Hove.
I myself have a disability, and I find it very hard to cope.
Because of my disability, I am at risk of having unconscious seizures, in which I have been having for over 7 years, I am at risk of falls, I am at risk of accidents, especially when cooking, this includes burning food, fires, and injuring myself, and I am also at risk of wondering around without knowing.
I feel that it is a shame that people with disabilities are not in safe housing, and I also feel that people with disabilities are either forgotten or ignored.
I have been told several times by councils and social housing that they are not bothered about people’s health and disabilities, and that they are not concerned about people’s health and disabilities.
I am just wondering. Will there ever be safe housing for people with disabilities.
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 41 Games room
- 425 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 611 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions