I sent my Award Review form back. Do they stop payments whilst the award is being reviewed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I sent my Award Review form back. Do they stop payments whilst the award is being reviewed?

Options
JH2021
JH2021 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello.
I sent my PIP award review form back over a month ago and was paid my last payment on 30 Aug however my next payment due today is not in my account.
Do they stop payment whilst this award review is being reviewed?
I think this is so unfair I am so ill and worry about paying my bills which were due to go out today so now I am in debt ,any advice?

Comments

• abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Well if you read this it says that they do pay you until you had assessment then based on if changes or not.
    It also says that you have a month to reply from form being sent to you.
    Which makes me think covid is backlogged post so they may not have had your form so stopped money 
    So give them a ring let them know you have sent it and they may be able to keep paying as that's what they said they will do 
    https://www.gov.uk/pip/when-your-pip-claim-is-reviewed
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Sorry this doesn't make sense you said your last payment in 30th August was fine ? It's only 27th Aug now 

You continue to be paid until a new decision is made as long as your current award hasn't ended 

After decision is made it depends on that as to whether your payments change 

I would check when your current award is due to end 

Any queries contact the helpline 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm sure you mean your last payment was 30th July, not 30th August.

If you still have an award in place then you'll need to ring them to ask why you haven't received payment. Unless, you've had your assessment and they've now made a decision, then your new award may have changed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.