Contactless limit to rise to £100 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contactless limit to rise to £100

Options
MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    I think its a bad thing raising the contactless limit to £100, if your card gets stolen it means the criminals can spend more before you realise.

I prefer a lower contactless and then to use my pin if i've spend more than £45.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    Just to add but I think banks should just give you the option nowadays to set your own limit upto £100. Instead of making the decision themselves we should be given our own choices.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I prefer to pay contactless so from that point it's good 

But as above I agree the higher limit is very open to misuse and playing into the hands of the less scrupulous of people out there 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It makes no difference to me because i always use apply pay and there's mostly no limit to that anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Will it work at the “pay at pump” at the petrol station? I don’t see any reason why not as it has to authorise £100 which is the limit. I guess the question is whether the pumps have a facility to accept contactless payments?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    the sooner they remove the limit the better, I don't get this argument about "if i loose my card", if you do they can use it for other stuff anyway, it's down to us not to loose our cards.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not often theft with contact less as they are on camera most of bank theft is online and using machines to pick up your details whilst your typing your pin in hacking into banks 

Using your phone as contactkess is worse you can use it for large amounts  on some phones the limit is over two thousand but there are pin numbers and security 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    I think the amount should be the same as your daily withdrawal limit via ATM....
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My daily withdrawal is 500.00 on my card lol 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.