Will LWCRA be backdated? I've been handing in fit notes since November 2020 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will LWCRA be backdated? I've been handing in fit notes since November 2020

oscarotis
oscarotis Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,  I have recently been awarded PIP (Enhanced Living & Lower Mobility) and was advised to apply for LWCRA.  I have been providing sick (fit) notes since November 2020 with no gaps.  If I am successful will I get any backdated money?

Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Your PIP award has no relivance on the work capability assessment. If you're placed into the LCWRA group then you will receive the extra money from either April or May 2021, depending the exact dates you reported the health condition and your assessment periods. This is because there's a 3 full assessment period waiting time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • oscarotis
    Hi,

The 3 month assessment period is what I am
    getting confused about.  If I reported my Health condition in November then shouldn’t the 3 month period start from then?
  • poppy123456
    As advised, it depends on the dates of your assessment periods and exactly when you reported the health condition.

If you reported it at the start of your AP then yes from November. If you reported it after the start of your AP then the month you reported it doesn't count because it has to be 3 full months. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    If you have been providing Fit Notes since November you should have been sent a WCA form (UC50) in December. If this has not happened post a note in your journal saying "I have been providing Fit Notes since last November but have never received a UC50 which I now understand should have been issued 29 days after I first reported my health condition. Please arrange for this to be issued."
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    should have been issued 2 days after I first reported my health condition.
    Typo here. This should have been 29 days,not 2 days.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy123456 said: Typo here. This should have been 29 days,not 2 days.
    Thanks poppy - now corrected (just before my 60 minutes ran out!)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • oscarotis
    Hi, I called the UC helpline who informed me a decision has been made about my my UC50, but they can’t tell me over the phone. I have not had an assessment or a phone call, just completed the application form and there is nothing on my journal?
  • poppy123456
    oscarotis said:
    Hi, I called the UC helpline who informed me a decision has been made about my my UC50, but they can’t tell me over the phone. I have not had an assessment or a phone call, just completed the application form and there is nothing on my journal?

You will need to wait for the decision letter to be uploaded onto your journal, until then there's nothing more you can do.
  • oscarotis
    Ahh ok, I thought I would need an assessment before a decision was made.  Thanks for your reply.
  • poppy123456
    Most people do but a paper based assessment is possible.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.