If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm jnrr! I've recently been awarded PIP, do I need to send fit notes to the job centre?

Options
jnrr
jnrr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve recently been awarded pip but I’m insurer if I still need to send a fit note every month ?
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not for PIP you won't.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,943 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jnrr and welcome to the community! With PIP you don't send fit notes to them :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jnrr
    jnrr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Not to the pip guys the job centre wouldn’t I still need to send them please sorry if I wasn’t clear on my original post ?...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP has nothing to do with fit notes. Are claiming any other benefits like ESA or Universal Credit?

For Universal Credit, if you've reported a health condition then you'll need to send fit notes and continue to send them without any gaps until you've been assessed for the work capability assessment and a decision's been made on your claim.

For ESA it's the same... continue to send the fit notes until a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jnrr - & welcome to the community. If you're claiming other benefits, then yes, you continue to send in fit notes. Being awarded PIP doesn't change the need to keep sending them.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jnrr said:
    Hi guys I’ve just been awarded pip , will I have to still get aFit note off my doctor every month 
    You never need to provide Fit Notes for PIP.

If you are claiming ESA or UC are required to provide Fit Notes because you are waiting for an assessment that will not change as a result of getting PIP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jnrr and a warm welcome from me too :) How's your Monday going?

Have the answers received from our members helped answer your question or is there anything you remain unsure about?  Just give us a shout if you're confused so we can help.

Also as not to confuse you(!), I've amended the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category to help make it more visible to others.  Take care and you know where we are should you need us.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well spotted duplicate thread action @poppy123456 and @calcotti - have merged now :)

@jnrr Just to explain, I've removed a duplicate thread you posted asking the same question to help keep all responses to you in this one space.  Please ask away, as encouraged above, if you remain unsure about anything.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.