Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, I'm GillP! Applied for PIP in April, awaiting assessment. Will it be face to face?

Options
GillP
GillP Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I need advice I applied for pip in April 21. I received a text in June 21 stating they got my form I'm still waiting to hear will I have to attend assessment face to face. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,137 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GillP - & welcome to the community. :)  There's quite a wait with PIP currently, & most assessments are still by phone, altho face to face assessments have started up again. I'm afraid we would be guessing which you'd most likely have, but the chance is it would still be a phone assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,384 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

DWP are estimating a 10 month timescale from start to finish but of course this is only a guide. We have members that applied in December and are still waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GillP and a warm welcome to our community, how are you today?

I'm sorry we couldn't give you any firm answers on what to expect but as members' responses indicate there are still lengthy waiting times being experienced by many.  I hope you have an update in the not too distant future and in the mean-time, please ask away if anything is playing on your mind or causing you additional worry.

I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and amended the title to make your question more visible to others wondering the same.  Please keep us posted and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • GillP
    Options
    Thanks everyone 
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Just to let you know dwp sent my forms out March 12th I got text to say they got my forms end of April and two weeks ago I had a phone assessment just waiting on decision. So that might help you with time scale 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    abbyk41 said:
    Just to let you know dwp sent my forms out March 12th I got text to say they got my forms end of April and two weeks ago I had a phone assessment just waiting on decision. So that might help you with time scale 

That's very quick i must admit. There's a lot of members applied in December and still waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Really they said they are being faster for new claims as its a new claim for me. Gotta say two years ago I got lcwra and by the time that had been sorted it had gone over a year and they owed me loads for that which I got 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    abbyk41 said:
    Really they said they are being faster for new claims as its a new claim for me. Gotta say two years ago I got lcwra and by the time that had been sorted it had gone over a year and they owed me loads for that which I got 

New claims were taking priority, not sure if that's still the case. DWP are still estimating 10 months. 
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    I applied in March , had my phone assessment last Tues 24TH Aug
  • Emma1968
    Emma1968 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    Options
    I applied  pip in March took  me 16 weeks  for f2f phone call  and now I waiting  for   my desion   6 weeekshhis week 
  • GillP
    Options
    Thanks everyone hopefully I will hear something soon 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.