LCWRA. Does 3 months wait apply, as I was already on LCW? Do payments start from assessment periods? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. Does 3 months wait apply, as I was already on LCW? Do payments start from assessment periods?

Options
markoscar2016
markoscar2016 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello,
I started claiming fit for work U/C in 2019.
I was placed on U/C- LCW from 08/2019. Assessment period 14th to 13th. 
I listed a change in health on 28/09/2020 on my journal, supplied fit notes from 28/09/2020 until I was awarded LCWRA on 10/06/2021.
First payment of LCWRA on 20//06/2021.No Back was paid so I put in a Mandatory Reconsideration on 22/06/2021. The decision of which is to award LCWRA from 28/09/2020 instead of 10/06/2021, the original date. 
The review stated that the original decision was made as "they thought it was a review".
No amounts of money have been spoken of just the new award date. Does the 3 months wait for extra payments apply to me as I was already on LCW? Do payments start from assessment period dates only? I think I'm right that I should be paid back pay from 14/01/2021 until 13/05/2021 at least, 4 months at £343.63. I've been paid from 14/05/2021 at LCWRA rate.
Since having no work coach it is frustrating how little they tell you and just get told they have no information.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The three months wait does not apply because you already had LCW so LCWRA element should be payable for the 14th Sept to 13th October AP (the AP in which the change occurred).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • markoscar2016
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So back pay from 14/09/2020 to 13/05/2021 should be paid to me? I've been paid extra from 14/05/2021.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Yes
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • markoscar2016
    Options
    well you made my day, hope you are right.
  • calcotti
    Options
  • markoscar2016
    Options
    Thank you so much. 
  • markoscar2016
    Options
    They have paid me but not for the 14/09/2020 - 13/10/2020 AP. I have disputed it and have got to now put in another MR. The last MR took 2 months. Why are they so unhelpful is beyond me.
  • calcotti
    edited August 2021
    Options
    They have paid me but not for the 14/09/2020 - 13/10/2020 AP. I have disputed it and have got to now put in another MR. The last MR took 2 months. Why are they so unhelpful is beyond me.
    So they have paid you from 14/10/2020 and there is just the one month in dispute.
    I suggest you simply need to say
    As I previously had LCW I should be paid the LCWRA element from the start of the AP in which I notified you of the change in my health condition which resulted in the decision that I now have LCWRA. I notified you on 28/09/2020 and should therefore be paid from 14/09/2020.  Pleas refer to Advice for Decision Making Staff paragraph F5046.
  • markoscar2016
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Exactly what I did and the answer was to put in a mandatory reconsideration. I mentioned F5046 and everything you mentioned. I know its only 1 month but its £341. Oh well, it'll come sooner or later.
    Yes, paid from 14/10/20.

• markoscar2016
    edited September 2021
    Options
    All settled now. D.M. came straight back with decision to pay A.P 14/09/20 - 13/10/20 - £341.92 and a total sum of £2736.07. When I was only expecting around £1370.00 it certainly has helped.
    Glad I came on here to be informed what I was fully entitled to. U/C really put you through it at a rough time and there must be numerous people who don't put in any M.R's.
    Thank you so much for the replies.
  • stroll23
    stroll23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    HI i recieved lcrwra without accessment i was put on lcw about 2 months ago do i get backpayment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,874 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    stroll23 said:
    HI i recieved lcrwra without accessment i was put on lcw about 2 months ago do i get backpayment
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    You haven't given any information for anyone to be able to advise you.
    What date did you report your health condition/sent your first fit note?
    What date do you usually receive your UC each month?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.