Unexplained Facial Rash — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexplained Facial Rash

Options
CharlesJohn1
CharlesJohn1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am currently being treated for parasites in the stomach and/or bacterial infection with antibiotics as every day I wake up with facial rashes and swollen eyes. My face and now neck are incredibly itchy, gets very dry, is red and raised on the skin which is extremely noticeable and unpleasant to look at. Steroids did stop the symptoms however they no longer work. Sweat and sunlight irritate hugely and so doesn’t the 24/7 itching.

I’m incredibly frustrated after 2 years of living with the affects of something that is still undiagnosed. I have undergone copious amounts of blood, stool, hair and saliva testing. It has been misdiagnosed as rosacea and I have taken courses of both antibiotics and natural products without success. While the symptoms are skin related, I’m sure it goes deeper than that.

Any suggestions of what I might be dealing with would be hugely appreciated and do fire back with any further questions if you have them.

Comments

• Ilandra
    Ilandra Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    Options
    That sounds dreadful, I wish I had some positive comments to make, but unfortunately I have none. Hopefully, for your sake, there may be someone who may know exactly what it is, or they may be a sufferer.  It does help to talk to someone who understands what you are going through.  Keep your chin up, and keep taking the medication.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @CharlesJohn1..Hi..Have you been tested for Allergies at all..?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @CharlesJohn1 :) I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your facial rashes. I'm sure that must be unpleasant, and it's frustrating that no one has been able to find the cause yet. 

We're not medical professionals, so we're not able to advise on what the right diagnosis might be or how you should treat it. It sounds as though you've been consulting with doctors for a while to try and find out what's going on, and I'd encourage you to continue to see them to try and work out what's going on. I do appreciate that you're looking for other people who might have similar experiences though, so I hope someone may be able to offer their own personal experience.

How are you getting on with this current round of antibiotics? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.