Going Green Together for World CP Day 2021
For World CP Day this year Scope is collaborating with Cerebral Palsy Adult Advice UK (CPAAUK) and Cerebral Palsy Midlands to turn iconic landmarks green to mark the day and support the #MillionsOfReasons campaign to raise awareness of cerebral palsy in England and Wales and across the world.
Since launching in 2012, World Cerebral Palsy Day has come a long way.
In 2020 alone, we reached over 26 million people with the support of hundreds of organisations from around the world (like you!) dedicated to cerebral palsy.
After 10 successful years building a community and celebrating those living with cerebral palsy, World Cerebral Palsy Day is moving into a new phase.
World Cerebral Palsy day has always been a day to celebrate those living with CP, their family, friends and supporters. In 2021, we aim to reach new audiences to create further awareness and support from the public.
This year, we introduce, #MillionsOfReasons for World Cerebral Palsy Day.
Cerebral palsy affects more than 17 million people worldwide, that is millions of reasons to make your voice heard on October 6. Join the movement this World Cerebral Palsy Day to help create awareness and action around cerebral palsy, celebrate diverse ability and make the world a better place.
Because every person living with cerebral palsy is a reason to strive for change.
Your millions of reasons will help raise awareness by highlighting the reasons cerebral palsy deserves more attention, more funding and more rights!
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 937 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.