If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

0 points on pip assessment any point in a mr?

Options
rachw89
rachw89 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
I’ve had my decision which come back 0 points and would not be awarded any pip for mental health. (Anxiety and depression) is their any point in an mr? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry your claim wasn't successful it is worth mr if you think you should be awarded 

You have nothing to lose by putting in for mr 

Just ensure you present a good case 
  • cuzsa
    cuzsa Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    yes go  for MR you've  gone this far =GOOD LUCK
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,801 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yes, continue with it.  But focus on the tasks that you can & can't do, rather than the diagnosis. 

I initially scored 0 points on the assessment.  Then 0 at the MR.  But went on to get 14 points at tribunal.  :)
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    There is always a point to MR , so.e may tell you its unlikely to be successful others will tell you of their own success. But most importantly it is ANOTHER step in the PIP journey that needs to be taken to hopefully eventually get a positive outcome. You have nothing right now and though stressful there is always going to be a little hope along the way so keep going. I am also in the process of MR and for me I think I have nothing to lose and if after all this later down the line I am successful I will have a lot to gain. And every story can help someone else in their journey x stay strong you got this .
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,173 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rachw89 - as Jane says, you have nothing to lose, & currently MRs have about a 50% chance of being successful (altho that figure is falling). Do look back at the advice given in your last post, & good luck; you too @mamah72 :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Definitely go for the MR, make sure you point out where you didn't score points and think you should have and why, giving some real life examples of what happened when you tried.
    As above around 50% of MR's do succeed.
    Good luck

2024 Election won

• Cardiff_Central1
    Cardiff_Central1 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Hi, I got 0 points then 0 again at MR but I went through the tribunal procedure and have now been awarded PiP so it is defiantly worth perusing if you feel you meet the criteria. Good luck
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you confident in knowing how to submit an MR, if that's what you end up deciding to do @rachw89? I'm sorry that you didn't get the award you were hoping for. 

I can imagine that this is a stressful situation for you, too. Are you receiving enough support for your mental health at the moment? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• rachw89
    rachw89 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies guys, I will be going for the mr. I don’t actually know what else I can write as I told the assessor pretty much everything. Thr thing that annoyed me is the assessor said I was friendly and calm friendly yes but I definitely wasn’t calm so why the lie? I haven’t been under mental health support I was last year but forgot to mention this to the assessor, I spoke to healthy minds last year as my anxiety got so bad being pregnant and Covid. I don’t know what other evidence I could give either. As like I said said everything in the assessment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,174 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First thing you need to do is put the assessment report away and forget about it because this isn't going to get you a PIP award. Then follow the advice in your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/83702/copy-of-pip-report-does-the-assessor-give-the-points-the-write-up-contradicts-the-scores#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Using your decision letter go through every single point they made and explain as thoroughly as you can why you disagree and how you need help,! who if anyone gives you the help.! If you don't recieve help explain how your life is a struggle that way. Get anyone who does help you to write  a letter explaining what they do and both of you write how your life would be affected if they didn't help. Break it down into small sections and add as much info as possible. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, many people apply for PIP on the miss understanding that they meet the criteria for being awarded PIP. There jams a lot of information banded about on social media telling readers you could or can get X amount of £££s for certain illnesses ect. PIP is not awarded on a disability or diagnosis or the amount of prescription medications your taking. PIP is awarded on your inabilities to preform, manage or cope doing the PIP descriptors, safely snd repeatedly and in a timely manner. To many people are miss informed and are given a false hope like many others I strongly recommend taking a self test of the PIP descriptors and being totally honest when you take the self test as if you decide to apply for PIP any answers submitted in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,174 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't recommend the PIP self test at all. There's alot of people that don't understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean. For this reason it's very easy to over score and even under score yourself. Expert advice is the way to go.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Commanded2bwell
    Commanded2bwell Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Hello. You may find the discussion at the link, below, helpful. I asked about how to fill out an MR. It may be that you didn't put your case across for PIP in the "correct format".

• idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    @poppy123456 I agree. I didn’t have a clue when I looked up the pip test. Trying to work it out added more stress so didn’t bother with it
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.