Hi, my name is Chickonwheelz! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Chickonwheelz!

Options
Chickonwheelz
Chickonwheelz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I am looking for the love of my life. I’ve recently moved in my own bungalow and want to start dating again and am looking for a longterm relationship I am from Wales and I’m 23 and identify as an Asexual lesbian. I have my own small sticker buisness, have published a short historical romance novel and am working towards my BA in creative writing. I also run my own lifestyle blog and consider myself a disability activist having worked closely with Scope, ITV and Disability Wales. In my spare timeI enjoy writing, reading YA, LGBTQ and Historical Fiction graphic design, the Hollywood golden age, I am obsessed with vintage clothes and John Travolta movies. 
On to my medical issues, I was born with Cerebral Palsy and am a fully time wheelchair user. I also have scoliosis and ME syndrome, I also use a catheter. I’m looking for a lady close by who wouldn’t mind all this and have joined here on the off chance my Princess Charming is among the haystack. I want someone who makes me feel good about my curvy body and someone who enjoys movies, theatre and Italian and south Asian cuisine as much as I do.

Please reply if you tick all my boxes or even some. I enjoy meeting people from different backgrounds snd am open to trying something new. (Not at all sexual.) 

Love 
Rachel Marie xxxxx

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chickonwheelz and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing today?

What a lovely, detailed introduction.  It sounds like you have lots of different hobbies and interests, and bravo on the activist work!  What issues have you been involved in?  And, how's your BA going?  Sorry, lots of questions  :D

I'm not sure if you've heard about the fortnightly virtual CP café held by our very own @Richard_Scope but if not, give this thread a little visit and see if its something you'd fancy attending.  Although it isn't a dating service and more of a virtual hang-out, it might be a good way to connect with others who have CP.  

In relation to dating, how exciting!  Let's hope your Princess isn't too far away.  Again, our online community isn't unfortunately a dating site but a great means of making virtual friends and joining a community of others who 'get it'.  Never fear though, as our members recommend using The Outsiders Club as a way to meet potential partners.  Would you be open to trying that?

Just a friendly reminder, not to share too many personal details as we wouldn't want your safety compromising (see our house rules) but we are super happy that you've joined us today!

Take care and have a lovely afternoon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.