Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

How to process the feelings after being harassed

Options
Nades
Nades Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi, was harassed over the course of 3 years. Hubby was great help but now it's over, I can't seem to process thngs well. I should feel relieved it's over but feel very shaken by it. As Victim Support said 'you were dealing with it, now you are feeling it.'  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry you have been through this have you considered counselling I'm surprised victim support haven't offered any follow up services 
  • Nades
    Options
    They sent a link to a counselling service, which charges. Other than that they suggested my doctors which I may need to. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your doctor should be able to refer you for NHS counselling but the waiting list will be massive 

Have a look on the mind charity website they offer virtual counselling services 
  • Nades
    Options
    Thank you! Appreciate your help. X
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi @nades and a warm welcome to our online community.  It's lovely to meet you and I'm sorry to hear you've been through such a difficult time.

I understand that it might be difficult to talk about, but was the harassment reported and do you feel safe now?  I'm sure you're aware but if ever you feel there's any danger, make sure to call 999 and ask for the police.

As @janer1967 said, the waiting times for NHS mental health services are unfortunately quite lengthy at the moment.  But you can always start the ball rolling by speaking with your GP more about therapeutic options or self-referring online to your local Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service.  

Another organisation you can contact is Women's Aid who provide support for women who are experiencing or have experienced physical, mental, sexual or domestic violence or abuse. 
    Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our 'Mental health issues' category' to help people who may ever be in a similar position find your story and make it more visible to those who can support you now.

Thank you for opening up to us and I hope you have a lovely rest of this afternoon  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.