Gardiner Hill Foundation Grant Application — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gardiner Hill Foundation Grant Application

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
Hi, i have been advised by my councillor to apply for funding from Gardiner Hill Foundation Grant. She wants to fill in the application but wants me to sort out the quotes.

The application is to have work done on my garden to give me an area to go to when i am in serious pain and suffering from stress. It is in disrepair at the moment and I am unable to do it myself.

However, she has not told me how much the grant is up to. This is important information as i do not want to get quotes for work that is far too expensive. it is embarrasing enough me having to apply for this and i do not want to send in quotes that make me look silly.

I have been told to get quotes from a landscape gardener with the work that i want doing. Has anyone applied for the grant and know how much i should be looking at and also the process of the application.

I do not want to have a landscape gardener to give me a quote for work that is out of the grant funding.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,331 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I don't have any experience with this grant unfortunately. Have you had a look yourself and do you meet the eligibility criteria?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    However, she has not told me how much the grant is up to. This is important informatio as i do not want to get quotes for work that is far too expensive. it is embarrasing enough me having to apply for this and i do not want to send in quotes that make me look silly.

I don't think the grant specifies what they give. The form asks for how much you want to request, which is why I suspect you were told to get quotes, so you would know what the work would cost and therefore you would know what to ask for. 
  • happyfella
    Options
    Hi,

I don't have any experience with this grant unfortunately. Have you had a look yourself and do you meet the eligibility criteria?

Yes I do. Someone else is sorting out the application but my problem is, what i should ask for quotes for. i do not want to be saying i need this or that. no one has told me the average prices i should be looking at. i just need a bit of work done. i don't want to be saying i need this and that, i just want to bare minimum help
  • happyfella
    Options
    i dont want to put an application in for £500 and be told that is too high. i just need someone to come and sort the garden out.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    i dont want to put an application in for £500 and be told that is too high. i just need someone to come and sort the garden out.
    Unfortunately though, it’s down to you to decide what you need done to the garden to obtain quotes, this will determine how much you need to ask for, then the organisation will make their decision. No one else can tell you anymore. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,331 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Get a few quotes for what you want. I see no point in having something done if you don't have what you want. If you are successful and the cost is too high then they could just offer you a lower amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.