Hi, my name is elljayz! Motorbility car seized — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is elljayz! Motorbility car seized

elljayz
elljayz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in Transport and travel
I'm fleeing domestic violence few days ago my ex was chasing me my driving was erratic I stopped my car got out not realising my car was parked dangerously. My passenger who wasn't insured moved car the police came and seized car cos of him driving it. How can l get it back

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to contact motability and they will be able to help answer your questions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger

Good afternoon @elljays

Welcome to the online community, I'm glad to see you've joined us and I hope the community can be a positive outlet for you.

In your comment, you mentioned that you were fleeing domestic violence and were driving erratically. Can I ask if you are safe at the moment? Have you managed to escape the abuse and get to a safe place? Did you contact the police at the time?

You did the right thing in speaking about what you've been going through, and it must be very hard to talk about. How long have you been a victim of domestic abuse for? Have you ever disclosed it to anybody in the past such as the authorities or support groups?

Below are some resources that you may find helpful either now or in the future:

We have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk with further information, so please give that a read and get back to us :) 

Will you be contacting Motobility about your car as advised?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @elljayz welcome to the forum, so sorry you were in that situation, are you OK now?  I hope you get your car back and are safe.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.