Weight loss plateau — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weight loss plateau

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I need to know urgently today if weight loss plateaus are temporary?
S.York
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09

I don't know for sure but I hope that it is temporary for you, but if your intention is to continue losing weight and you've gotten yourself into a lifestyle with the goal of losing that weight, then hopefully the plateau doesn't last very long. If you are receiving advice at all from your GP about this, it might be worth giving them a call on Monday if your concerns continue.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sholay09
    Hello I need to urgently know if weight loss plateaus are temporary?
    S.York
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    A lot of people hit that brick wall at some point during a weight loss journey. If the scales continue to stall for you then try doing something different for a few weeks. Change your meal plans, easy different food, try not to eat the same thing week after week. 
    Do you eat a lot of fruit? Some people, myself included can’t eat huge amounts because of the sugar that’s in the fruit. If I eat a lot I find the scales stop, so I limit my fruit. 
    Others may find that they can’t eat too many carbs. 
    Whether the plateau is temporary will depend on you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sholay09
    A lot of people hit that brick wall at some point during a weight loss journey. If the scales continue to stall for you then try doing something different for a few weeks. Change your meal plans, easy different food, try not to eat the same thing week after week. 
    Do you eat a lot of fruit? Some people, myself included can’t eat huge amounts because of the sugar that’s in the fruit. If I eat a lot I find the scales stop, so I limit my fruit. 
    Others may find that they can’t eat too many carbs. 
    Whether the plateau is temporary will depend on you. 
    What do you mean when you said that whether the plateau is temporary will depend on me?
    S.York
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Meaning, what exactly you're doing to lose the weight...which relates to this comment here...
    Sholay09 said:
     If the scales continue to stall for you then try doing something different for a few weeks. Change your meal plans, eat different food, try not to eat the same thing week after week. 
    What do you mean when you said that whether the plateau is temporary will depend on me?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I have recently experienced a weight loss plateau at sixteen stone. I ignored it and continued and after nearly two weeks I started to drop weight again. Now I’ve reached another plateau at fifteen and just under half. I’m on less than 800 calories a day so I know I’ll lose weight, it’s just my body trying to hang on through what it thinks are lean times lol. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Maybe your not having enough calories to boost your metabolism 

I don't calorie count mine is more carb intake and reducing that bit I am diabetic 

Try few different things to get kick started again 

But you have done amazing 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.