advice because struggliing use Ps4 controller — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice because struggliing use Ps4 controller

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,383 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
,  Hello scope online community
 I like playing on my ps4 I am struggling to play with a normal Ps4 controller because Cp is causing fingers to get tight so struggling to hold the Ps4 controller but I have heard that Microsoft have Xbox Adaptive Controller but does anyone scope the online community Microsoft have Xbox Adaptive Controller is compatible with Ps4 console or not?
I look forward to receiving advice on my question

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Hope you're well.

Sorry to hear that you are finding it hard to use your PS4 controller.

You can find information here about the Microsoft Adaptive Controller, and apparently it is possible to connect it to the PS4 as demonstrated in this YouTube video.

Furthermore, you could consider contacting Able Gamers or Special Effect, both of which provide support and advice to disabled gamers in the hope of helping gaming become more accessible.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,383 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    Hello Ross, 
    I re-contact the person I originally contact at Special effects and have explained to her how Cp has worse in both my hands and am waiting for a response to my email. I will keep you updated Ross 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Katiekoo
    Katiekoo Community member, Scope Member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    @GlobsterSpecial effects will definitely help if they can.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello 
    I have just got a response from special effects who only offer online meetings with me to discuss my options with me next week  

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for the update, will you be taking them up on that offer?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello Ross
    I have book meeting online with them for next monday 2.00pm

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Globster said:
    Hello Ross
    I have book meeting online with them for next monday 2.00pm

Sounds great, hope all goes well and they are able to suggest a way forward for you.

• Globster
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    I have a meeting booked with Special effects for next Monday at 2.00 pm on Microsoft teams

• Globster
    Options
    Hello to Scope online community 
    Special effects gaming charity have said loan me some gaming equipment 

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Globster, I'm glad they were able to help!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.