Hi! Does anyone know an equivalent of buggy boards that children can ride on behind a wheelchair? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! Does anyone know an equivalent of buggy boards that children can ride on behind a wheelchair?

Options
vivien
vivien Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I am the mother of 2 grown children who both have a disability. My son who is 37 has been blind from birth and has major learning difficulties, and my daughter who is 35 was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 4 years ago.

Comments

• vivien
    vivien Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is an equivalent of the buggy boards that children can ride on behind a pushchair for a wheelchair.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @vivien and a warm welcome to our community.  Thank you for telling us some more about yourself and your children.  How are you all doing?

In relation to a buggy board, I found this charity 'Remap' who help provide custom made equipment free of charge.  This tells you a little more about how Remap work:
    When you contact us we will ask you for a few details about what you need, to assess whether we can help you. If some equipment that would help you already exists, we will encourage you to buy that. Our help is for situations where there is nothing commercially available that is suitable.
    If we think we can help, a volunteer from your nearest group will visit you to discuss your situation and understand what you need. We like to have an occupational therapist there too. Following that, we will design and make a piece of equipment specifically for you, in a way that meets your needs. Sometimes we will modify existing equipment to make it more suitable for you.
    We make no charge for the devices we make and each item is made for an individual person.
    So this is perhaps one avenue to explore?

While, our members might have more wisdom from their own experiences to offer so I've renamed the title of your thread to show your question (and make it more visible) and moved it to our Disability aids, equipment and technology category.

Take care and please let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.