Back pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pay

Options
Jlee
Jlee Community member Posts: 40 Listener
I was put on new style ESA and got back pay but I am also on uc will uc include the backpay I received from ESA to work out my entitlement when it's due

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,334 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s no financial gain to claiming both of these together. Your NsESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
     If you were claiming UC at the time the ESA was backdated to then you will have an overpayment for UC, which will need to be repaid back from future UC payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jlee
    Options
    I am getting contribution based ESA but took ages to sort it out , and getting lcwra from uc but I had money back from ESA which was put into my account but its in my assessment period so will that mean I won't get any uc this month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In each UC assessment period there will be deductions of £494 for your ESA. 
    You will likely have an overpayment of UC if your ESA was backdated to a date in which you were claiming UC. 
    It’s impossible to answer your questions without knowing the exact dates and and payment amounts of ESA and UC. Too complex for an Internet forum. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jlee
    Options
    No what I am trying to say if I got a back payment of 1.300.00 will uc class that has a Income when working my uc payments
    Out 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's unlikely that they will take all of it from your UC in one payment. As advised, if you were claiming UC for the whole of the time the ESA was backdated to then you will have an overpayment for UC. Your UC statements will need to be recalculated to work out how much UC you will owe. This will then need to be repaid back from future UC payments. It's not possible to give exact figures.
  • Jlee
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Going forward your ESA should be £114.10 per week. (paid fortnightly) With deductions of £494 per month from your UC for the ESA.
  • Jlee
    Options
    Yes that's right 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.