Any advice is greafully revived! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice is greafully revived!

Options
katy94
katy94 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hello again everyone, thanks again for all your help and advice regarding walking aids I recently managed to acquire one from a family member but not yet had chance to try it out long distance. I’ve also started my course of baclofen and I’m finding that extremely helpful regarding pain and sleep. I’m currently taking baclofen amitriptyline and Co-Codamol at night and sometimes during the day. I’m not working at the moment as I’m just not feeling physically up to it. My energy levels are great and even though the medication is helping for pain and sleep it’s making me a little bit groggy during the day which combined with my already tiredness isn’t really helping. But with that being said I’d rather be a little bit groggy as opposed to being in pain all the time. I’m still seeing my neuro physio I’m also under orthotics and neuro rehabilitation. As I’ve mentioned before I am a full-time mum to a two-year-old who goes to nursery part time. I’ve been on universal credit to last year, I think I’m receiving just the standard allowance for un-employment. I know that I’m not really unwell enough to receive PIP. So was wondering if there was any alternative for financial support given that I’m not up to working yet.  I already know I can’t claim ESA as I haven’t worked in the last two years. The people at the job centre I don’t seem to want to help me so I’ve turned to you guys again any advice is welcome and gratefully received. Thanks in advance everyone. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You can report a medical condition on your uc account and provide a fit note 

After 28 days you should be referred for work capability assessment 

This will determine your fitness for work if you are awarded the highest level called lcwra there is additional payment in your uc of ,£343

However this would mean you would be assessed as not being fit for any type of work 

Do you not get the child element of uc as well and what about housing costs 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI

This process is the same process as claiming ESA if a health condition means you're unable to work.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katy94
    katy94 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Hi there- Yes I get help with Housing costs and The child element of Universal Credit. It’s just so stressful trying to claim any kind of disability benefit as Sundays I feel good and I feel like I’d be a fraud to say I’m on fit for work but then other days i’m so exhausted I’m struggling to get out of bed and managing my daily tasks that I feel like I just couldn’t work. Thankfully I had a little bit of support at home so I don’t have a lot of things to do. But I will definitely speak to my doctor this afternoon thanks for the advice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.