Lack of basic equipment for NHS since pandemic. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lack of basic equipment for NHS since pandemic.

onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 726 Pioneering
I suppose my title I hope is in the correct catagory.
  Because of a Blood Disorder I have had to have bloods taken every month before they release my Monthly prescription.
This because I YO YO from bad to very bad, and they alter the prescription each month,some times having to take bloods twice a week over months to bring levels to a managable level for me.
  MY POINT:  I had a leasflet given to me yesterday saying hat there is a shortage of " tubes " used to collect blood samples which is expected to last till November 2021.
  They will continue to collect urgent blood samples but are restricting collection of routine and non-urgent samples to conserve stocks.
  The NHS is looking to get alternative blood tubes globally and will continue to review the situation.
  Now I don't now if its me but, there was a post here about needles, and having elt some times like a pin cushin when trying to get bloods taken and having to have booster shots prior to operations I would be very happy for someone else to use my tubes?
  No seriously, I cannot understand, being in many " supply industries including making of medical equipment like needles, bottles and viles, and test plates and equipment, why they do not ramp up production for the products that are running low.
  We had " ear marker " certain that would be dedicated to making products in short supply.  The one company I worked for bought a larger than normal production machine, and was then able to link TWO dies together, and also alter the production to 16 hours, where the shift was 6.00am to 17.00pm.
  This gave everyone an increase in wages, increase in production, and the ability to double production on other items made for other company's.
  This is a win win.  but the system of wor here is the person ordering has no irea of how the think they are ordering is made si its not just picking up a phone and saying we want another 100,000 test tubes by next week. there is no forward planning or stock control like PPE.
  this is only one problem that the NHS face, All those injections thrown away because they went past their use by date?  Why could they not send them to country's that cannot get supplies.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    I suppose if they past there use by date other countries wouldn't want them?

There are lots of shortages ATM we have become used to living in a just in time society, that model for a number of reasons isn't working and imho will take 12 months to fix.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 726 Pioneering
    Since the other topic was closed:
      Dear David,

You may be headed for a BIG win on the NHS bill soon. 

At the meeting of the parliamentary committee scrutinising the NHS bill on Tuesday, the government made an important concession.

They said they agreed that "individuals with significant interests in private healthcare" should not be allowed to sit on NHS boards. 

This is a BIG concession from the government. And it was down to the almost ten thousand comments We Own It supporters submitted to the Bills Committee.

This could mean that people with vested interests cannot apply to be on the board.  Which is what I said.  BUT I am sure that people with money and people that invest in M P's pet loves will donate to the party and find a way they always do.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.