Hi, my name is Annejo74!I desperately need to move closer to my son and daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annejo74!I desperately need to move closer to my son and daughter

Annejo74
Annejo74 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi I’m 46 I have a lung and heart condition and need lots off help with daily tasks I currently live 50 miles away from my son and daughter and desperately need to move near to them 
I’m in a private rent 
I don’t no what to do 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If you want to stay in private rent it's a case of looking in the area you want do online searches 

If you are wanting social housing there will no doubt be a long wait 

It may help to refer yourself for a care needs assessment via gov website then a ot will come and assess and write a report 

Based on the outcome the report can sometimes put you in a higher priority banding 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annejo74

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see that you have joined us. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a tough time. I am assuming from your post that you are unfortunately mainly struggling with managing daily tasks due to your lung and heart condition. I am just wondering if you have made contact with your local council yet? They could arrange a needs assessment to see what support you require. Following this needs assessment, they could provide support with daily tasks to enable you to live in your home if this is what you would prefer. Otherwise, it would be about either your family moving closer to you or seeing what accommodation would be available closer to your family. If you have any follow-up questions or if we can support you in any other way, please do not hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Annejo74
    thanks 
    I will get in touch with the council for an assessment 
    it’s so hard I have no idea what I’m doing I tend to just hide away and hope it will get better 
    I am also waiting to be assessed for a lung transplant so I’ve got so much to think about 
  • Annejo74
    Hi Teddybear12 
    im sorry to hear about your daughter 
    I have pulmonary hypertension secondary to lupus I was listed for transplant in 2018 I had 1 call but wasn’t suitable 
    I came off the list at the beginning off the pandemic and am still waiting to go in for another 3 day assessment 
    it’s a living nightmare sometimes I don’t think I can carry on your ? right struggling to breath all the time is so scary 
    I just want to be close to family and all the government do is make you feel like your doing something wrong like I’m trying to swindle them 
    sorry to off load on you but sounds like you understand 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annejo74 :) Welcome to the community! 

Are you confident in knowing how to contact your local council about the needs assessment? 
    it’s a living nightmare sometimes I don’t think I can carry on
    It does sound as though you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, and hopefully things will start to improve once you've managed to get your housing situation sorted. However, it's important that you look after your mental health too. Have you spoken to anyone about the way you've been feeling, such as your GP? 

Also, as @Teddybear12 has said, you're more than welcome to get things off of your chest here any time you need. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.