Interfacing a Monarch Smarti scooter to an existing AutoChair hoist — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interfacing a Monarch Smarti scooter to an existing AutoChair hoist

bobgreg
bobgreg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Many years ago I had a acquired a second hand AutoChair hoist fitted into my car. The local mobility garage gave me a contact that acted on behalf of AutoChair and acquired the fitting adaptors to my car and hoist. My disability has further deteriorated in that the previous scooter could no longer be used. My wife was unable to remove and refit the heavy seat in install into the boot any more. I have subsequently purchased a Monarch Smarti auto folding scooter. AutoChair won’t help, the previous fitter is no longer available and Smarti have the adaptors, but will only supply to AutoChair to fit. I am between a rock and a hard face trying to resolve this problem. 
Desperate for help! 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @bobgreg :) I'm sorry that no one's been able to answer your question yet. I'm not sure of an answer either at the moment, so I've marked your post as 'unanswered' for now. I hope someone with some knowledge or experience will be able to help!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Hi, I would advise going to the William Merritt centre for help, as they are great in assessing your and your wife’s needs when advising your next steps, in terms of finding a new fitter for your vehicle. This can be done via a GP or a self referral. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    bobgreg said:
    Many years ago I had a acquired a second hand AutoChair hoist fitted into my car. The local mobility garage gave me a contact that acted on behalf of AutoChair and acquired the fitting adaptors to my car and hoist. My disability has further deteriorated in that the previous scooter could no longer be used. My wife was unable to remove and refit the heavy seat in install into the boot any more. I have subsequently purchased a Monarch Smarti auto folding scooter. AutoChair won’t help, the previous fitter is no longer available and Smarti have the adaptors, but will only supply to AutoChair to fit. I am between a rock and a hard face trying to resolve this problem. 
    Desperate for help! 
    Hi @bobgreg

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on? 

I'm sorry that we couldn't answer your question directly, but I'm hoping you found @Poppy_'s comment useful and potentially had a look into the William Merritt centre? If you're still looking for some help, the link below might be useful, as it provides more information about the William Merritt centre:

If you have any further questions or queries, please don' hesitate to get in touch. 

Libby :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • bobgreg
    bobgreg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks, in the end I made direct contact with Autochair who advised on who could come and undertake the necessary modifications. This took place and I can now use my existing hoist to lift and locate my new mobility scooter into my Karoq vehicle.
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hi @bobgreg I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve things with Autochair, that must be a nice relief to get it sorted :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.