Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Interfacing a Monarch Smarti scooter to an existing AutoChair hoist
Many years ago I had a acquired a second hand AutoChair hoist fitted into my car. The local mobility garage gave me a contact that acted on behalf of AutoChair and acquired the fitting adaptors to my car and hoist. My disability has further deteriorated in that the previous scooter could no longer be used. My wife was unable to remove and refit the heavy seat in install into the boot any more. I have subsequently purchased a Monarch Smarti auto folding scooter. AutoChair won’t help, the previous fitter is no longer available and Smarti have the adaptors, but will only supply to AutoChair to fit. I am between a rock and a hard face trying to resolve this problem.
Desperate for help!
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 937 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.