Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My employer has refused to change my shift as a reasonable adjustment. Where do I stand?
Hi everyone I’m looking for a little advice I’m really struggling with working full time, I’ve received had occupational health done with my employer and it states on the report I have a disability that’s covered under the equality act and that I may tolerate a very slow return to normal hours with adjustments.
My employer has refused point blank to change my late night shift for an earlier shift to help me. They said the only options I have are to work it if drop the day and go part time, Where do I now stand I would of thought they would if helped me more.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 966 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.