Does it ever feel like you aren't wanted? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does it ever feel like you aren't wanted?

Options
Awesomelorenzo
Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
Honestly, I know this may sound daft, but sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted.
I often wonder, if I wasn't here( not dead, just runaway or something) whether I would be missed, or if everyone would let out a cheer.
I feel horrible about myself and nothing seems to help.
What should I do?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi @Awesomelorenzo :)

That's not a daft thing to say, don't worry. I think a lot of people feel that way at times, I know I have.

Have you had a think about why you might feel that way? Sometimes these vague thoughts can feel a bit overwhelming, and pinpointing the root cause can be helpful in working out how to try and stop these negative thoughts, or make changes to your life that help you to feel a bit better. Does that make sense? 

For example, is it that you don't have many people around you? Is it that you feel like a burden? Is it that you have people around you, but you don't feel close or connected to them? There could be lots of reasons why you may be feeling this way, and they're a bit easier to address once you've tried working them out a little. Talking it through with other people can help with this. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.