Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is there anywhere to get employment advice
My wife is trying to get employment advice and would like to know if there is an email address for a national citizen advice or some other organisation to get support.
My wife who has health problems has been off work due to the pandemic. At first she was off due to being told to sheifd, and then the doctor did not want her to go back to work due to the high cases. She loves her job but it is really affecting her and she is missing her friends at work.
She has counsillors supporting her who have said she is not ready to go back to work, but she feels hassled by her supermarket employers to go back. She understands they have a job to do, but she is not receiving any money from them and is only receiving SSP. Her doctors don't feel she is ready to go back to work and none of her support team feel she is ready.
I personally am scared for her to go back to work. I have seen the way people are acting and i am scared in case she gets it, even though she has been double jabbed.
Because she feels hassled to go back to work, she has agreed to go back in November even though she is really scared. She has agreed this so they do not sack her. but now she worries about it every single day.
She has two years before she retires and has worked all her life. She has been with the supermarket for 20 years with very few days off.
She reduced her working hours to look after me and only does around 20 hours a week. She cashed in her pension pot which was not a great deal so we could make some adaptions to our house to make me safe and to pay some bills off.
Sometimes she wishes they would just pension her off or whatever they do when you are unfit to go back to work, but then she thinks about the financial situation, and she does miss working.
In reality, i am worried about her returning to work with the cases rising. I wished it was like the old days where they gave her a settlement to finish work.
She has decided that she will go against her doctors wishes and her support team and return to work
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.