I started a job last week, but didn't like it at all. I'm worried I've messed up my LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

I started a job last week, but didn't like it at all. I'm worried I've messed up my LCWRA

kayleigh1997
kayleigh1997 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 22 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I’m currently on uc under lcwra, I started a job last week and really didn’t like it all I’m kicking myself as now I’m worried I’ve messed up my claim, the job itself was not contradicting to my claim I’m just concerned I will not get my payment on October 15th now, I worked 3 days in total thank you. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,781 Disability Gamechanger
    You've already be assessed as having LCWRA so quiting your job will not affect your UC entitlement. As you also have the work allowance then you can earn up to £293 per month if you rent or £515 if you don't without seeing any deductions from your UC payments.
    If you've quit work then you need to report the changes on your journal but as advised is won't affect your claim. You'll receive your payment as normal.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,955

Scope community team

Hello @kayleigh1997

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us and hopefully you enjoy being here :) 

I hope the above advice has been helpful, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed the job. What was it that caused you not to enjoy the experience?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.