What is your favourite soap? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your favourite soap?

idontlikeliving
idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
Comment why you like them best ❤️

What is your favourite soap? 9 votes

Emmerdale
33%
leeCaloldngrumpySandy_123 3 votes
Coronation street
11%
Ross_Alumni 1 vote
Hollyoaks
11%
idontlikeliving 1 vote
Eastenders
22%
Lisatho11987777L_Volunteer 2 votes
Home and away
0%
Neighbours
0%
Other.
22%
Cressidachiarieds 2 votes

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't watch hollyoaks or eastenders but like all the others 

Home and away due to the gorgeous location and very attractive male actors 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Eastenders
    Hi @idontlikeliving

Oh tricky question, I would have to vote for Eastenders! I have chosen Eastenders because it helps to keep me engaged through being reflective of real life. I think Eastenders addresses topics well because they often work in partnership with external organisations related to the topic discussed. Now time for me to ask you the same question! Which is your favourite soap and why?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • idontlikeliving
    Hollyoaks
    @janer1967 I only watched hollyoaks past few years but I do enjoy it. I haven’t watched eastenders for about 10 yrs. it become some sort of gangsters soap lol I do love how Cora and emmerdale focus on real life things to make ppl aware. Cora being like racism and emmerdale post natal depression. And Cora with the online fraud with Alya. Xx
  • idontlikeliving
    Hollyoaks
    @L_Volunteer I think I may need to start watching EAstenders again as when I last watched it, it got to the point where it was more about gangsters and killing. I’m glad they address topics. I can’t stress enough that soaps have a real play on ppls lives. They help ppl so much. If you comment on something online about how you felt. Some d”ck always says it’s not REAL. And I think no it’s not on the soap but it happens in real life., soaps make ppl aware of things no one knew about. Things to watch out for. It’s amazing and it comes across excellently. 

My fave is hollyoaks because it’s pretty juicy. Lol but I do love emmerdale and Cora for how they do real life situations xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Eastenders
    Oh no @idontlikeliving! I don't watch Eastenders frequently but when I do watch Eastenders it tends to be at a peak time when Eastenders is addressing a topic. Also, I agree with you, soaps can raise awareness about real-life circumstances and can also make people who are experiencing similar situations feel heard and less alone. Maybe I need to watch more Hollyoaks and Emmerdale. I agree about Coronation Street. Even though I have only watched Coronation Street occasionally, the times I have watched it have been insightful  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • idontlikeliving
    Hollyoaks
    @Cress what do you mean dove? 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Emmerdale
    Me too @Cress only I was thinking imperial leather ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• idontlikeliving
    Hollyoaks
    @leeCal bloody hell I just got it. Haha you pair of jokers lol 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    Me too @Cress only I was thinking imperial leather ?
    I used to think imperial leather was the hight of poshness when I was a kid.. :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Other.
    I don't watch soaps either (why not in the poll?).....for me it was Pears when I was (much) younger. Still use Dove handwash, & shampoo, but discovered Pears bodywash a while ago, as did my daughter-in-law when she used my shower. My son finds it disconcerting that we now both smell the same! :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Emmerdale
    Used to be eastenders but I don't watch it as often now, I like emmerdale at moment.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Bayleys of Bond street is often on offer in supermarkets...smells lovely, and has 'tasting notes' on the pack like a wine.  :D

As for TV soaps, I'm afraid I don't watch any now.  I used to watch every episode of Eastenders until it stopped during the pandemic.  Haven't gone back to it since.
  • tiggs9
    tiggs9 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    I love all the soaps but at the moment I am enjoy watching the night stalker as that is based on a true story and Wentworth' that's good to but my favourite soap is Emerdale love this as I have watched since the very first episode when it used to be on in the day time after news at one I have never missed an episode if I couldnt watch it used to get the kids to video it lol and I have visited Coronation street when Jack and vera had the pub that was a fantastic day out so I would definitely recommend it .tiggs 

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Other.
    The only soap I ever watched without fail was 'Brookside' and when that finished didn't watch any of the others. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.