Ear Defender Recommendations — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ear Defender Recommendations

OverlyAnxious
OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,575 Disability Gamechanger
Can anyone recommend a set of ear defenders that work well for 'daily' noises and are comfortable enough for someone with over sensitivities to touch as well?

There are so many on ebay I have no idea which to go for.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @OverlyAnxious

There really is too many to choose from aren't there. I am more of a headphones type person myself as I need noise to block out noise if that makes sense. However, I have heard great things about the 3M Peltor Optime III Earmuffs with Headband, 35 dB which you might like to review! Though, if anyone else has any other ideas, please do let us know because I am certain that would be really appreciated  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    Any other recommendations before I commit to those ones?  :)
  • MaisieBoohoo
    MaisieBoohoo Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi
    i would look on Amazon 1st as the reviews on their May give you better idea then go to eBay to buy ( but I find ebay is often more expensive these days)
    good luck
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, they are the only ear defenders I am aware of @OverlyAnxious but please don't commit to anything before others share their ideas unless you wish to as they may have even better ideas!  :) And very good point @MaisieBoohoo, thanks for sharing your insights with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    I did buy those over the weekend, they're highly rated on Amazon and sane price there and eBay.

They work well to block out noise...BUT I can't wear them because they make me dizzy!  I can't use in-ear headphones for that reason, but hoped these would be more suitable.

Not sure there's anything different I can try to block out noise without making me dizzy.  :|
  • APickle
    APickle Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    A client with ADHD recommended Loop earplugs to me- said they really helped her focus. 
    https://www.loopearplugs.com/
  • L_Volunteer
    Oh no @OverlyAnxious! So sorry to hear this  :( I have vestibular migraine which involves a lot of vertigo so I can similarly relate with the feeling of being dizzy. Unfortunately, I am not sure what could help here. I hope other people have more knowledge in this area and can help! On that note, thanks @APickle for the recommendation  :D

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.