Industrial injuries benefit - help please on qualifying criteria — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial injuries benefit - help please on qualifying criteria

Options
wagthedog13
wagthedog13 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi
I had two accidents at work recorded and accepted as accidents at work, reported and confirmed as Industrial accidents.  One in 1997 and the second in 2006.  This year i have been medically retired from work due to my long term health condition, 15 years beore i reach pension age.  Both these accidents at work are contributory to my ongoing illness and disabilities.  Can I make a claim for IIDB?  I would appreciate any advice from the community - thank you

Comments

• HJP290
    HJP290 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Hi i recieve this benifit 

its judge on % off your loss of faculty 

Eg so mine started with it affecting my legs and back and was judged at 37% loss comapared to pre accident 

you do need evidence the form asks for witnesses of the accidnet in question . 

Then consultants letters stating that this as contribuated to the loss of faculty /disability . 

Hope this helps . 

• wagthedog13
    wagthedog13 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi Jimbob 
    Thank you for your reply.
    It was something I was just thinking over as both accidents affected my back and I now have degenerative spinal disease and been medically retired. I will look into the qualifying criteria a little further but it may be worth making a claim. Your response is very much appreciated, thank you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.