Potentially Good news plus a deeper understanding — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Potentially Good news plus a deeper understanding

Options
MaisieBoohoo
MaisieBoohoo Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi everyone.
I got my assessors report today…have waited from 1/4/21 to get to this point and obviously need to wait for final decision but got standard rate for daily living and mobility. That seems a very fair award…
I only got for 2 yrs as I need both knees replacing. Suspect it is a little hopeful they will both be done by than, as after 1st one you go back on waiting list for second….but really don’t want to fight for any extra…this process has been enough……

what’s interesting is reading the report and seeing what all the experts on here mean about it’s not a transcript of what you say, but their assessment of it.
so for example I said I had difficulty with my hands, but she rightly assessed that I was able to drive, hold steering wheel and change gear.
irs also interesting, and where their skills come in is in assessing your mobility. My assessor was an OT and that is her bread and butter. She described my mobility in great detail and could clearly know a fake limp anyway. She looks at gait, balance, where problem is coming from ( knee, hip, back etc) and she could narrow that down quickly.
so I may hypothetically say…I can’t walk 10 metres, but by watching she can actually understand the process of mobility. All very fascinating. I got 10 points for mobility, which I was relieved about as that is my biggest issue.
will all help me understand if I need to apply again

so will wait for award letter now keeping everything crossed
thanks to everyone here, it’s fascinating to read all the advice, a whole lot of knowledge here…I will let you know when I hear the final verdict ( partly to help folks with timelines)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.