New! Lost! Help needed! PIP for Fibromyalgia & Hypermobility Syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New! Lost! Help needed! PIP for Fibromyalgia & Hypermobility Syndrome

Lilyano1
Lilyano1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, 
So after years of browsing this wonderful forum. I finally need to reach out to see if anyone can help me out. Apologies for any tying errors in advance!

I have chronic Endometriosis, Adenomyosis but recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & hypermobility syndrome in June 2021.

I am unable to work and am medically retired at the tender age of 43. A bitter pill to swallow. 

I have basic PIP. But my mobility is very impaired . I’m severely in daily high pain and unable to walk, move etc,

I am due to have physio therapy & cranial physio therapy, I am also under pain management & counselling. 

I’m trying to summarise ….. 

I’ve had 4 surgeries for Endometriosis - one being 8 hours long. It had impacted by body severely. 

I’m suspecting I have Lupus. Other things plague me, but I’m trying to summarise as much as I can 

Being so unwell and chronically fatigued. I need a blue bad and so much more support to get to and from appointments. 

The cranial physio therapy is in central London / costing £50 a session - I can not afford this. 

Can anyone HELP? HELP with the statement for the PIP form.

my mood is low, I’m procrastinating at the thought of completing the PIP form. I don’t know where to start. It’s bringing on anxiety! 

If anyone can help, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

??

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lilyano1 -  good to meet you. I also have problems due to having the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome; hypermobility issues, so I have a little understanding in that respect.
    As regards PIP, as you say you have basic PIP, but now understandably have mobility issues, have you put in for a 'change of circumstances,' or is this a review?
    Either way, PIP isn't about any diagnosis, nor new diagnoses, rather how such disabilities you have affect certain activities of daily living &/or mobility. It's worth a good look at the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP, & whether you can do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat it as often as would be normally expected, & whether it may take you longer than someone without your disability (please read notes about this at the end of this link): https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
    With any PIP form you can also phone & ask for time to complete this, & will be given a further 2 weeks. As for completing this you should try to give a couple of detailed explanations of exactly the problem you had attempting/doing any applicable descriptor/activity, i.e. when did it happen, what exactly happened, why, did anyone see your difficulties, & were there any consequences?
    Hope this may help a little, but please do come back with any further queries.
  • Lilyano1
    Lilyano1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for this useful information. I do apologies for the very delayed response, I overlooked the message. I am still in Jnr process of completing, but have set aside a deadline to stick to … it is very depressing having to complete this, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to clearly explain myself on paper. 

I really appreciate your time.. 

Thank you so much 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.