Trouble on the bus - over reaction? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trouble on the bus - over reaction?

Options
MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
I witnessed quite an aggressive confrontation on the bus home today. 

A lad got on, sat down and a older male was looking over in that direction, I think personally he was just looking in that direction out the window but the lad who got on took offence. 

He stood up and shouted it’s illegal to stare at people. Was waving his hands and shouting. 

Felt sorry for the man who looked embarrassed. 

I thought the lad over reacted. Plus I don’t remember any law stating it’s illegal to stare at someone. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MarkN88 i'm sure there is no such law, whilst not wanting to be judgemental the "lad" could have been on drugs.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Quite possibly. Hard to tell. I just felt awful for the man who was receiving all the abuse. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Possibly could have mental health problems sorry woodbine but people are two quick to think people are on drugs people with dementia don't like people looking at them and react my mum does 

People with paranoia and illnesses like that if it was and old person would someone say they could possibly be on drugs  ??? Just makeing a point @woodbine not haveing a go 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.