No money, no job, no benefits, what to do? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

No money, no job, no benefits, what to do?

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Though I know that I have been getting credits-only ESA for at least some of the time, but I'm not sure if I have enough.

You've been advised of this a few times now, you won't be able to claim New style ESA and receive any payments because you haven't worked and paid the correct amount of NI contirbutions. Claiming benefits like UC or a credits only ESA claim is not enough. We are just going round in circles here.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,335 Disability Gamechanger
    This all smacks of “my partner isn’t giving me enough money to live on” which is a whole other issue to which benefits am I entitled to. If you live with your boyfriend and his parents and you’re not working your expenses must be minimal and yet you’re struggling. I suspect the real issue here needs a different thread.
  • LittleKitten
    LittleKitten Member Posts: 42 Connected
    I suspect the real issue here needs a different thread.
    How do you mean?
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,335 Disability Gamechanger
    I am trying to point out that you currently have no entitlements. As @poppy123456 pointed out earlier that means you are reliant upon a partner who earns and yet isn’t giving you enough money to cover your expenses. Either your expenses are ludicrous or your relationship is in trouble. Disengage exactly auger well off of you weren’t living with their parents. Take your pick. Like I said, whole other subject
  • LittleKitten
    LittleKitten Member Posts: 42 Connected
    calcotti said:

You can check your NI record if you want to
    I point out that I have full year's for 2019-2020/2020-2021 though the credits might be a mixture from Universal Credit and ESA.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,719 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    calcotti said:

You can check your NI record if you want to
    I point out that I have full year's for 2019-2020/2020-2021 though the credits might be a mixture from Universal Credit and ESA.
    As has already been advised a few times to you that NI credits alone are not enough to entitle you to receive any money for new style ESA. I know you worked a little but it’s not enough. UC only pays class 3, which are only useful for your state pension.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.