I’m looking for other autistic people to support & connect with and maybe make some new friends - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m looking for other autistic people to support & connect with and maybe make some new friends

Options
13»

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Lisa82. Please don’t apologise. The most important thing is that you feel able to reach out when you want and need to.

We are well thank you and glad you are also well. It sounds really difficult that you are having housing problems at the moment though.

Would anything, in particular, help you to be reassured about what’s happening whilst waiting for the council to respond to you?

Wishing you the best of luck with this. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you through this difficult time.

It sounds positive that you are also looking out for other private accommodations just in case. It sounds like a great idea to have a backup, just in case!

Take care for now and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon. Please note, I hope you are staying warm and safe too  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Oh, don’t I know about being autistic in a neurotypical world @Elysium! How are you managing it all at the moment?  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Elysium
    Elysium Scope Member Posts: 98 Pioneering
    Options

Oh, don’t I know about being autistic in a neurotypical world @Elysium! How are you managing it all at the moment?  :)

Just about keeping my head above water (literally as my boat has huge issues)…lots of very dark times, but that’s been my entire existence thus far X
    They/them, Autistic, Vegan, Pan/Demi, Teacher, Antiracist, Artist
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    You are doing really well to even want to keep your head above water @Elysium! I can hear your boat has huge issues.

Would you like to talk about any of this further with us? We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you and make things less dark. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)

• Lisa82
    Lisa82 Scope Member Posts: 202 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Lisa82. Please don’t apologise. The most important thing is that you feel able to reach out when you want and need to.

We are well thank you and glad you are also well. It sounds really difficult that you are having housing problems at the moment though.

Would anything, in particular, help you to be reassured about what’s happening whilst waiting for the council to respond to you?

Wishing you the best of luck with this. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you through this difficult time.

It sounds positive that you are also looking out for other private accommodations just in case. It sounds like a great idea to have a backup, just in case!

Take care for now and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon. Please note, I hope you are staying warm and safe too  :)

Hi @L_Volunteer. Thank you for your lovely response and offer of support. It is much appreciated, and thank you for your understanding 😃. 

I'm not actually sure what would reassure me whilst waiting for the council's response. 

I am staying warm and safe, thank you. 

Anyway take care and stay warm 💖
  • Elysium
    Options
    You are doing really well to even want to keep your head above water @Elysium! I can hear your boat has huge issues.

Would you like to talk about any of this further with us? We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you and make things less dark. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Actually it'd probably help me get started to put a boat job list here …I’ll have a think & come back with priority repairs. What I need is to do one job a day but it often gets overtaken with other stuff like caring for my sick dog, errands, hauling heavy items like gas, coal, wood, water, petrol and teaching… then on top of all that I have Autistic burnout, adhd & CPTSD from abuse, so I’m often too overwhelmed to fix stuff but there is nobody but me who can/will do it so tackle it I must xxx
  • Elysium
    Options

The main jobs atm are:

1) I have to siphon/decant propane gas from a 19kg tank to a 13kg tank as brexit has caused huge delay with import of 13kg bottles and my gas locker only fits 13kg

2) rewire my new bilge pump to the 12v system - probably adding a switch - and pump out some of the thousands litres of water

• Elysium
    Options
    Done #2 this morning (not a poop lol - my list above) writing it here really helped thanks L for the suggestion :)<3 and I pumped out about 4000litres of water that had been sitting in her bilge making me mentally ill for years - was glorious watching the water pump overboard and out FINALLY - THANK YOU So much for the support & encouragement <3

• Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    @Elysium well done that looks like a huge task! I am also autistic and ADHD and vegan 🌱 and have other common interests too so happy to chat and try to motivate each other if you would like? 

Also going through a bit of a hard time with motivation and grief etc atm and probably burnout too….
    but thankfully not much left of 2022 thank duck 🦆 😂 for that 🙃 roll on 2023 😊 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Really glad to hear that we are all being supportive still. Even if we can't always help, we can always listen to each other. 

@Puja - Would you like to tell us a little more about what you are experiencing at the moment? It sounds like you are having a really hard time with motivation, grief, and, perhaps, burnout too  :(

• Elysium
    Options
    Puja said:
    @Elysium well done that looks like a huge task! I am also autistic and ADHD and vegan 🌱 and have other common interests too so happy to chat and try to motivate each other if you would like? 

Also going through a bit of a hard time with motivation and grief etc atm and probably burnout too….
    I’d love to chat more with you Puja. Sorry for late reply I’ve been working longer hours. I’ll send you a pm thank you so much for reaching out  :)
  • Elysium
    Options
    Elysium said:
    Puja said:

I’d love to chat more with you Puja. Sorry for late reply I’ve been working longer hours. I’ll send you a pm thank you so much for reaching out  :)
    Perhaps you’d send me a pm instead as I can’t as your profile is private? 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    How are you doing at the moment @Elysium? It sounds like you've been working longer hours and I hope this has been going well for you  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.