Sharing is carrying, carrying is love — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Sharing is carrying, carrying is love

iza
iza Member Posts: 484 Pioneering
Hi, I wold like to find out how people share their own free time to show love towards orders. 
1) What do you do, how do you help and where? 
2) Do you know of any online pages, organisation which collect or accept  craft and art ?  I wonder if here in UK are such an organisation which later auction the art / craft for fundrase money for worthiness purpose.
Please let me know. Thanks Iza  

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,242 Disability Gamechanger
    I sometimes visit an elderly chap I know and he enjoys the company.

i don’t know of any organisation which auctions off art works etc though sorry.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,285 Disability Gamechanger
    I try and help people on here whenever I can, also help any neighbours if they need help, if I can that is.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,585 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t really do anything as I’m either not capable or don’t have the confidence.

All I can think of is that I try to help people while driving as much as I can. If I am out in the car it is usually for fun, I don’t have anywhere to be, whereas I’m aware the vast majority of others may be trying to get somewhere. I can afford to give up a small amount of my time to save them a bit. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,779 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t really do anything as I’m either not capable or don’t have the confidence.
    You do help others by being here on the community supporting those that need it! 😊
  • easy
    easy Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Totally agree I always love to here from you 66Mustang. I feel I know you somehow, as you make me feel happy.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @poppy123456 and @easy that is really very kind of you to say and has made my day. :) (Or night, as I have just woke up and checked the forum :D)
  • iza
    iza Member Posts: 484 Pioneering
    Hi, thanks all, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.