Hi, my name is dittydora!I tried filling out my PIP form but nothing is saving — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is dittydora!I tried filling out my PIP form but nothing is saving

dittydora
dittydora Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone i have CRPS and am just accepting that this is not a quick fix..
So after being in denial about claiming pip i tried filling my form by my phone and nothing is saving 🙈 i know im getting on a bit but i know how to ckick save .. and then all my hard work just just vanishes...
Does it need to be done in my computer??
🤔🤔🤔🤔 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,844 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The online claim form is is fairly new and only certain people get offer this way of claiming so i've never personally seen it. However, for things like this i would  rather use a computer/laptop rather than a phone, purely because a phone is so small and would take me so much longer. It's so much easier to type on a computer than a phone.
    When you fill out the form you need to make sure you add a couple of real worl examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where you were, a detailed explaination of exactly what happened, who (if anyone) see it and what the consequences were. Your anecdotal evidence will be the best you can ever send.
    Do remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis but how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Hope this helps.
  • dittydora
    Hi poppy thankyou for taking the time to reply with some good advice 😊 i will try on my laptop.. think i just got in a pickle because i checked my email on my phone which then got me clicking on the link..

• lisathomas50
    lisathomas50 Posts: 4,597 Disability Gamechanger
    I have been doing online claims for people and it realy needs to be done on a computer  as you have to up load evidence its alot easier on a computer as well if you need help to do an online application the citizen advice can help you 

Where I live we have volunteers in the library on certain days and times of the week it may be not sending on the phone if there is to much information to send 

When I help people I do it on my laptop 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,579 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dittydora - & welcome to the community. How is your PIP claim going now you're using your laptop? :)
  • dittydora
    Hi chiarieds im afraid ive not tried it yet as i didnt get to sleep till well after 4am 🥱
    Waiting now for meds to kick in and plug in my laptop as i dont use it much...
    So goal of the day is to at least plug it in 🙈
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,989

Scope community team

Hello @dittydora

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well today.

Fingers crossed you have more luck with the form doing it on your laptop, let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,508 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 1
    https://www.apply-for-pip.dwp.gov.uk/pip-pdf/form-and-help-information

As the page says, best done on a PC or tablet. We'll be seeing lots more of these as it's now available to 2,500 claimants pcm. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.