Hi, my name is dittydora!I tried filling out my PIP form but nothing is saving — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dittydora!I tried filling out my PIP form but nothing is saving

dittydora
dittydora Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone i have CRPS and am just accepting that this is not a quick fix..
So after being in denial about claiming pip i tried filling my form by my phone and nothing is saving ? i know im getting on a bit but i know how to ckick save .. and then all my hard work just just vanishes...
Does it need to be done in my computer??
???? ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The online claim form is is fairly new and only certain people get offer this way of claiming so i've never personally seen it. However, for things like this i would  rather use a computer/laptop rather than a phone, purely because a phone is so small and would take me so much longer. It's so much easier to type on a computer than a phone.
    When you fill out the form you need to make sure you add a couple of real worl examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where you were, a detailed explaination of exactly what happened, who (if anyone) see it and what the consequences were. Your anecdotal evidence will be the best you can ever send.
    Do remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis but how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dittydora
    Hi poppy thankyou for taking the time to reply with some good advice ? i will try on my laptop.. think i just got in a pickle because i checked my email on my phone which then got me clicking on the link..

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have been doing online claims for people and it realy needs to be done on a computer  as you have to up load evidence its alot easier on a computer as well if you need help to do an online application the citizen advice can help you 

Where I live we have volunteers in the library on certain days and times of the week it may be not sending on the phone if there is to much information to send 

When I help people I do it on my laptop 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dittydora - & welcome to the community. How is your PIP claim going now you're using your laptop? :)
  • dittydora
    Hi chiarieds im afraid ive not tried it yet as i didnt get to sleep till well after 4am ?
    Waiting now for meds to kick in and plug in my laptop as i dont use it much...
    So goal of the day is to at least plug it in ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dittydora

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well today.

Fingers crossed you have more luck with the form doing it on your laptop, let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • dittydora
    Hi all i managed to fill out the
    Pip form on my laptop 🤗🤗
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @dittydora keep us updated with how the application goes, I wish you the best of luck for a positive outcome :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.