Hi, my name is Nicknick!Will my PIP continue after retirement age? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nicknick!Will my PIP continue after retirement age?

Options
Nicknick
Nicknick Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I receive PIP for acute mental illness and take medication that I will be on for the rest of my life. Will my PIP continue after retirement age? I'm 56 years old.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nicknick - & welcome to the community. Regarding PIP, this is about the difficulties you have with regard to the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP, which are about certain activities of daily living &/mobility, rather than a diagnosis, or the meds you take. If awarded PIP, this may continue past state pension retirement age if you continue to meet the requirements of your claim upon a subsequent review. It will be likely that you'll have a review before retirement age. When this will be will depend upon the length of your current claim, & then it may continue if you continue to meet the criteria. Hope this helps.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nicknick

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join and I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved here.

Regarding PIP, I hope the reply above has been helpful :) In addition, you can find information below from Turn2Us:

"Getting older does not stop your PIP award but it can stop you from renewing your claim or making a new claim.

If you are over State Pension age and you want your PIP to continue, make sure you renew your claim when your current award ends.

If you are over State Pension age and your last award of PIP ended over a year ago, you cannot renew your claim or make a new claim. You may be able to claim Attendance Allowance instead but this does not include a mobility component."

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.