Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Would I lose my LCWRA if my mum claimed carers allowance?
Hi everyone I have chrons disease and have a 5 year old on my own so I moved back in with my mum so she could help when I need hospital treatment etc. I then lost my job because I was in and out of hospital so I then got universal credit and got the limited capacity to work extra. However we have been told to claim carers allowance for my mum as she helps me but would I lose my extra limited capacity to work benefit. Thanks so much its so confusing
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.