DLA to PIP. I've given detailed info for each factor along with 2 supporting letters. Anything else? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP. I've given detailed info for each factor along with 2 supporting letters. Anything else?

Options
niknak7278
niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My adult daughter has been on LRC/LRM since 2007.  I’ve been providing 24/7 care for her since 2010 and fluffed up two reviews so the award stayed the same both times.

Having received an updated crisis plan from social care I plucked up the courage to seek advice from a welfare benefits adviser who suggested I phone PIP to start the process.  Problem being my daughter is unable to process phone calls so took 3 attempts to get her to follow a prompt sheet I had drafted for her.

I’m posting the form in two days.  I’ve given detailed info regarding each factor, enclosed 2 supporting letters and I’m going to request the longest award.

Is there anything else?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your daughter is unable to manage her affairs for herself have you asked to become her appointee?
    https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Hi @calcotti yes I told them during the phone call I was intending to apply.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Received the confirmation text  from DWP this morning.  The scan backlog must be easing. ? 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Received standard text this morning confirming receipt of written report. 🤞 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Spoke to my daughters LD Nurse earlier,  she told me she received a phone call from PIP 3 weeks ago asking questions about my daughters ability to access the community.  Nurse wasn’t able to answer the 12 month going forward question so the assessor told her she would suggest a review in 12 months as that was the industry standard.

I’m half expecting the award letter and review forms in the same post.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,254 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    so the assessor told her she would suggest a review in 12 months as that was the industry standard.

They are not supposed to say anything like this because it's not their job to do that. The report is a recommendation only. Nothing is final until a decision's been made and only a decision maker can make that decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Here’s hoping the DM doesn’t agree with the assessor @poppy123456
  • niknak7278
    Options
    @Username_removed
    I’m kind of speechless to be honest.  Considering the supporting evidence I included I can’t believe she said that to another professional.

For the record I did ask for an ongoing award.  

I’m prepping an MR as a backup.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Enhanced daily living and standard mobility. July 2024

Apparently my 4ft 6in, size 1 footed daughter, who trips over her own feet can walk for miles and miles unaided. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    What happens to GP reports returned after an award has been made?

Daughter had a GP home visit today, towards the end the GP pulled out the form to complete from IAS.

Will it just be filed away?

Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.