I'm a bit stuck — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm a bit stuck

Options
Daniel_2021
Daniel_2021 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi,

I submitted an application to OT social services on 04/08, basically I have steps up to my house and i'm now a wheelchair user, not the best combination.
As well as the above I asked for help with my council tax as per a scheme my council offer.
I've got a reply today to say the council tax home assessments aren't taking place due to covid and that social services have just started to review cases in May, any work i.e ramps has a 3 month wait from following their assessment.
The council tax element I can park for now but the steps is a real issue which means I'm literally carried in and out of the house. I'm only 35 so this along with using a commode and all the other bits and bobs takes it's toll.
Does anyone have any ideas or similar experience to this? Basically I'd like a ramp, looking online they run into their £1000s and I can't currently see any secondhand ones. 
Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks,
Daniel 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    My mum asked for help from the adult social care team in January and is only getting her home assessment this month. 

I don’t think there is much you can do, you will be on a waiting list. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Are you in a council property 

Unfortunately like most things with council and social services they don't move quick

If you own your own property you would be quicker sorting yourself with someone who knows all the requirements for ramps 

I was housebound for a year as my property wasnt suitable for ramps and had to sell it then get a bungalow through housing association 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.