Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Could I remove mobility from my claim without a reassessment for daily living?
I’m thinking about closing my pip claim as it feels like it’s making my condition worse. I receive high mobility because of agoraphobia and hadn’t been out nearly 5 years. But I’ve been working on doing small journeys with my daughter and these are getting easier which is good but now when I am out the house I am worry constantly that someone is watching and I will get in trouble. I know it will be a long time until I can do it reliably so I should still be entitle but sometimes when I am out the worry over pip is worse than the worry of being out and it is making me feel trapped. Can I ask them just to remove mobility from my claim without reassess for care early? I know I am entitle still to mobility but the worry is making me worse and ruin my improvement
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.