appeal hearing phonecall. I need advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appeal hearing phonecall. I need advice

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

hope you all good.

my pip appeal is on 26 October phonecall.  I'm confused what do I do. 

I need advice

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @berry123 and it's lovely to see you back on the community.

Just to check, when you say your PIP appeal do you mean you are at the tribunal stage? Or mandatory reconsideration?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • berry123
    @Ross_Scope thank you my dad passed away in July he had cancer i was low key for a while on social media just getting use to things getting no to normal.

yes it's a tribunal hearing i receiveda letter today.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
  • berry123
    @Username_removed yes I have an representative how it goes well they sorting it out. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Then why are you asking questions on here? You should be going to your rep with any questions you have, that's why you have the rep.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @berry123 sorry to read your dad passed away and I wish you well with your appeal, I hope Mike's advice has been helpful, good luck
  • berry123
    @Sandy_123 thank you I’m trying to move on but it’s hard hopefully will get there. Thank you again
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry for your loss @berry123. I'm sure that must have been very difficult to cope with. Have you been able to get all of the support you need to help you through the grieving process? 

I'm glad to hear that you have a representative, and that they're sorting things out with you. Do you feel as though you can approach them to ask questions about the process if needed? They'll know the most about your individual case, and should best placed to talk things through with you.

That being said, I understand that you'd want to ask the question on the community to hear other people's words of support, and advice based on their own experiences. 

Anyone is free to ask questions on the community of this nature. I can only imagine that going to tribunal can be confusing and worrying at times, and we want the community to be a place where people feel they can share these worries, and become clearer on what their next steps should be.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • berry123
    @Tori_Scope thank you I have tried contacting them they not answering but I have emailed them.  I just wanted to know from community there experience going to tribunal that’s all.  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope that you have managed to get some help and sorry about your dad there are some helpful people on here 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.