Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Ageing with Cerebral Palsy: Experience, Challenges and Solutions
The film provides new knowledge and understanding about the experiences of ageing for adults with cerebral palsy. Speaking for themselves, six adults with CP will provide examples of embodied and lifestyle impacts of growing up and older with CP; what works, what does not work and what could be improved in terms of their access to good quality adult healthcare.
The six adults are based across the UK. All have provided consent for their stories to be used in this film.
This learning resource can be used to inform health-related teaching, policy and practice about the growing population of adults with CP, and how to maintain their health and well-being across their lives.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 87 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 645 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 877 Chronic pain and pain management
- 178 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions