I've been awarded LCWRA, but not sure if I'm owed any back dated payments? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA, but not sure if I'm owed any back dated payments?

Options
jonboy
jonboy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all 
I'm a new member and just wondering if somebody could give me advice on an issue I have with lcwra back dated payments,as I'm getting nowhere with universal credit journal?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    What exactly do you need help with? If you could give some more information then someone will be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jonboy
    jonboy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    Thx for response.im not sure if I'm owed or not .
    I applied for lcwra on 19/1/21 along with a 6month fit note I then  had a telephone appt with their medical team on 18/3/21 I thankfully was approved as unfit and received my first payment on 4/6/21 during this time I was claiming u/c but it didn't cover my rent and I'm now in arrears as a result.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the LCWRA element and the extra money is paid from the 4th month, providing it was your first work capability assesment.
    If you received your first LCWRA payment on 4/6/21 then this mean your assessment period (AP)  dates are 29th to 28th of each month. Which means you reported your health condition in the feb to March AP. So your waiting period will be feb-march, March-April, April-May, May-June with the extra LCWRA element payment received from 4/6/21, which is correct.
    What exactly is included with your UC payments? It will tell you the full breakdown of all the different elements in your monthly statement.. so it should be something like this Standard Allowance... LCWRA element... housing element... earnings/deductions (if any) and any other elements you're entitled to. Do you rent privately or from social housing? Do you live alone, under or over 35? and do you claim PIP or DLA?
    You also say this..
    jonboy said:
    Hi 
    first payment on 4/6/21 during this time I was claiming u/c
    Are you still claiming UC?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.