Hi, my name is c1967m29146! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is c1967m29146!

c1967m29146
c1967m29146 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Good Morning
I read some comments regarding payments, I am new  here under the Equality act 2010, 2015, 2020 any person with a life-changing disability, terminal illness, skin cancer, unable to bathe by themselves these are a few examples of mental and physical disabilities.
You are entitled to extra revenue under pip, other benefits can pay you money as well. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    That's not exactly correct, sorry. The Equality Act has nothing to do with being entitled to a disability benefit such as PIP. Neither has it got anything to do with a diagnosis. If someone has a condition that affects their daily life against the PIP descriptors and they've had that condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last at least a further 9 months then they maybe entitled to PIP.
    More information here. https://pipinfo.net/
    You can have a disability but not be entitled to PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points for an award and there are some people that don't qualify dispite having a disability.
    Other benefits are available for those who have a limited capability to work but what they can claim will depend totally on the circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Good afternoon @c1967m29146 - & welcome to the community. I hope the links Poppy has given help in understanding PIP; benefits can appear a bit complicated sometimes. :)
    How are you keeping? Please do join in with any discussions, & let us know if you have any questions.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Please have a read of the advice given above 

The main objective of the equality act is to protect people from any form of discrimination and covers race ,gender , age , disability,  religion and so on 

It comes into force in all different ways eg employment,  accessibility,  to mention a couple

It isn't about benefits but the equality act does give a definition of what a disability is 

A disability is a physical or mental impairment which significantly impacts on your ability to do daily tasks and is expected to last 12 months or more 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.