Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I'm on PIP, and my partner got a part time job. They've stopped our HB and told us to apply for UC
Hi my name is Phil thank you for letting me join this group i have a question i wonder if some one could help me please? i am on the higher rate of PIP both parts my partner got a part time job in june this year 11 to 13 hrs per week min wage the council at first stooped all our housing benefit then reinstaed us when he had to finish his job they have now thrown us off housing benefit and told us to apply for U credit and allso said we now owe them £700 overpayment i checked up before my partner started work and they all said it was ok for him to start work my partner is is also my carer thank you xx
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 18.9K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.