Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Severe disability premium
Hello guys I'm new here but I need some advice about the SDP backdated payments, I am on IR esa and recoved a pip award in 2017, I also put in for SDP in 2017 bit heard nothing back so I wrongly assumed I wasn't entitled, turns out I was and haven't recived any payment of SDP, recently I rang them and enquired about why I hadn't been paid this premium and was told they owe me the money and would try to get it added to my normal esa payment, then person was very helpful and said someone would ring me back, they never did, so I rang again only to be told there were no notes on the system about my previous call and they would log it again but I'd have to wait another week before I could find any information about this payment, I'm so confused by all this and am at the point of just giving up but its been 4 years so I guess another week won't make a lot of difference, it just feels like they are taking their time to find a reason to deny me the back payment and I'm not sure what to do next..any help or experience or advice in this matter would be gravely appreciated 😊
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 937 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.