Making the next steps — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making the next steps

Options
putter218
putter218 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in Cerebral palsy
Hi I want to go into a career in some i.t role but I do have reservations because of my C.P and being judged but like most disabled people I'm fed up of being on a low wage and not enjoying the life I deserve. Working at Tesco presently and I'm not feeling the love from them anymore. Any advice on how to get into it. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @putter218 welcome to scope, I suppose the obvious question is do you have the relevant qualifications to work in I.T ? If so with 1.1 million vacancies across all sectors now is a good time to seek a change, if not then are you willing to study?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Scope have a job support programme to help people find new careers have a look in the employment section 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @putter218 - & welcome to the community. Here's a link to Scope's employment services mentioned above: https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/
    We always hear good things about the 'Support to Work' programme which is to help people with disabilities, so I hope you have a look. Kindly let us know how you get on. My best wishes.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.